Poor Posture- Effects & Treatment of Poor Posture
In today's world most of the people face problems like back pain, neck pain and shoulder pain, this all problems is caused by their unhealthy lifestyle or bad habits. Today everybody is busy in their jobs. Long hours of computer working affect their health, body muscles or bones. While working on computer people sitting in poor posture and this cause several postural problems, not only sitting in poor posture cause postural problems but bad posture is caused by several reason like accidents, lack of sufficient strength, due to poor diet or lack of nutritional diet, Improper treatment and poor dressing.
WHAT IS POOR POSTURE?
Posture is a mechanical efficiency of body or soundness of physiological balance of body, it express emotions and attitude.
Good posture reflects the personality of an individual, it shows the expression, emotions and attitude of mind. Thus posture is more than the physical condition of an individual, correct posture is the position of body held without any efforts. The efficiency of body depends upon good posture, it is directly related to the health status of an individual. By adopting the correct posture, the various organs of the body work efficiently or get rest, the body does not get easily tired and the person remains in sound health. Good postur5e keeps your bones and muscles in their natural shape and in proper alignment.
What is Correct Posture?
The correct standing posture is held without any sense effort. Standing is a position in which the body is held in upright position and supported only by the feet. Good posture means bones are in their natural shapes or in proper alignment.
In correct standing posture:
- Feet apart about 8 to 12 inches (roughly shoulder width).
- Feet should be parallel to each other and balanced evenly on both feet.
- Hold the head straight, chin parallel to floor, keep shoulder, hips and knees in straight line.
- From side view ear, shoulder, hip, knee and ankle should be centered along an straight line and the center of gravity should be with the center of feet.
Now correct sitting posture, sitting is also one of the common activities in which most of our time is spent. So what is correct sitting posture, in correct sitting posture:
- The backbone should be correct so that natural curve should be visible.
- The upper region of the backbone should be straight against the back of the chair.
- Head should be in line with hip and shoulder.
- The arms should be balanced and the waist should touch the back of the chair.
- The thighs should be in straight line resting on the seat of chair and legs should rest vertically on feet.
ADVANTAGES OF GOOD POSTURE:
- Good posture reflect your personality. A good posture makes individual appear smart, good looking and attractive.
- Posture is directly related to health status of an individual. Good posture is an image of good health and sound body.
- Good posture causes less strain, relieve from pain over joints as it distributes the body weight equally to every body parts.
- Correct posture improves blood circulation, thus blood reaches easily in every part of the body.
- By adopting correct posture various organs of the body works efficiently and smoothly.
- Correct posture provides good body balance, improve stability of individual while performing workout.
- Correct posture reduces postural deformities, helps to prevent health problems like Kyphosis, Lordosis, Scoliosis and many other health illness.
- Correct posture improves social status and reflect positive social qualities.
- Improves physical efficiency, fitness and provide more opportunity to an individual in gaming and sports.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF POOR POSTURE?
There are many causes of poor posture. Some of them are environmental and others may be due to heredity. Some common causes of poor posture are given below:
Poor posture may be caused by accidents, wrong posture habits, lack of sufficient stress, disease, lack of nutritional diet, improper or wrong treatment, and bad clothing.
TYPES OF POSTURAL DEFORMITIES:
There are many types of Postural deformities but Spinal Deformities are mainly of 4 types such as Scoliosis, Round Shoulder, Kyphosis and Lordosis.
- Scoliosis: It is a Postural defect in which there may be one large lateral curve extending through the whole length of spine. In simple language Scoliosis causes one shoulder down and other is raised up, In this deformity body weight is shifted to one side which causes pressure on one side of the foot.
- Round Shoulder: Round Shoulder means resting shoulder position that has moved forward from the body’s natural alignment. In this deformity shoulders become round and projected forward. It is a postural deformity in which the shoulders are drawn, the head is extended with the chin pointing forward and head is bent forward, which give round shape to shoulder.
- Kyphosis: It is also know as round shoulder. Kyphosis is a deformity of the spine in which there is an increase of backward curve. In this deformity shoulder comes forward and neck drops forward, which form an abnormal curvature of spinal cord bent at front. It also causes hump on the backside of the body.
- Lordosis: Lordosis is the problem of Lumber spine, in which lumbar spine is bends in front beyond the normal level. It is a common defect in deformity and posture in which abdomen is ahead of the body, body weight is shifted backward and shoulder comes sideward and outward.
TREATMENT OF POSTURAL DEFORMITIES:
There are various treatment of Postural deformities which include medical treatment, Posture Corrector Products and Yoga’s and Exercises. Let’s see some of the exercises and Yoga’s which treat this Deformities.Yoga’s and exercises for Scoliosis:
It is a deformity of spinal cord in which the body weight is shifted to one side, it can be treated by exercises which has opposite sideward bending like Chin- ups, Trikon asana, Tarr asana and Ardh chakra asana. Lets have dip look into it:
- Chin-ups: The chin ups is strength training exercise. In this body is stretched up over a horizontal bar, while body weight hanging vertically and lifted up.
- Trikon asana: Trikon asana is a triangle pose, it is a standing asana in which body is bent to sideward with feet apart while opposite hand tries to touch the feet and other hand is raised up.
- Tarr asana: Tarr asana is a standing asana or mountain pose in which body is raised up over the toes whereas hands are raised up while looking up.
- Ardh chakra asana: Ardh chakra asana means half wheel pose in which body is bent to one side with feet apart while opposite hand tries to touch the feet and other hand raised up.
For Round Shoulder and Kyphosis:
This is a deformity of shoulder and spinal cord which can be cured by all backward bending asanas and exercises such as Chakra asana, Ushtt asana, Backward bending, Dhanur asana and Bhujang asana.
- Chakra asana: Chakra asana give great flexibility to spine. Chakra asana is a wheel pose in which body is lifted up while hands and feet are on the surface.
- Ushtt asana: Ushtt asana or camel pose is kneeling back bending asana in which body is bent backward while chest raised up and hands hold the ankle while looking back.
- Backward Bending: There are various exercises and yoga of backward bending which are helpful as corrective measures of round shoulder like reverse sit up, sit on the chair, rest the back against it, holding the hands at back and raising up, pulls the shoulders back and look upward.
- Dhanur asana: Dhanur asana a or Bow pose is a backbending asana in which from lying position the upper and lower body is raised up with support of hands and the body balances on abdomen.
- Bhujang asana: Bhujang asana or cobra pose is a reclining back bending asana in which from prolying position the upper part of body is raised up while looking up.
Lordosis is the problem Lumbar Spine in which body weight is shifted backward it can be cured by all forward bending exercises and asanas such as Stoop walking, Hal asana, Toe touching alternatively, Paschimotan asana, Forward bending and Makra asana.
- Stoop walking: Stoop walking is done by bending the body or a part of the body forward or sometimes downward by bending the knees.
- Hal asana: Hal asana or plough pose is an inverted asana in which legs are raised up from lying position and after raising legs, feet are bent forward so that it touches the surface behind the head.
- Toe touching alternatively: In this feet apart and try to touch opposite hand to foot while other hand raised up.
- Paschimotan asana: Paschimotan asana is apposition of seated forward bend in which legs are stretched forward, and try to touch the forehead to the kness while hand holds the feet.
- Forward bending: In this asana body is bent forward and hands try to touch toes.
- Makra asana: Makra asana is a proline lying or crocodile pose in which a person lies with face down while abdomen and chest touch the surface.
This are the yoga’s and exercise treatment of different Postural Deformities. You can get better result by using our posture corrector along with this asanas and exercises, we provide Safest and Easiest treatment for poor posture. The Wonder-mart.com comes with the Perfect Posture Corrector, this posture corrector is the real treatment of all your postural problems. You can see full information of the products on link below: